The race course is held on City streets in Golden Triangle neighborhood. Streets are closed to traffic, and no parking is permitted on the course during the race. Start / Finish line is on 12th Avenue at Bannock Street, adjacent the Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art.
The course is generally flat, and approximately 1.5km in length. The race will head east along 12th Avenue and turn south on Acoma at the Evans School. Racers will enjoy a straight shot down Acoma before turning west on 10th Avenue. It’s a short block to Bannock, where the race will continue north on Bannock, before turning west (left) on 11th Avenue. It’s a nice downhill before a quick right on Delaware Street, which brings racers back to 12th Avenue for right turn towards the finish line. We are fortunate to still be enjoying these City streets with all the new development and construction!
- Medical will be located near registration.
- Helmets must be worn at ALL TIMES when you are riding your bike!
- Wheel pit will be located near the start finish line, along 12th Avenue just after Bannnock.
- USE THE RESTROOMS PROVIDED, adjacent the registration area. THERE ARE PLENTY
- Do not enter the course at ANY TIME during racing, Check with official or race staff WHEN A RACE IS OVER to enter course for a warm-up lap
- Please discard of trash properly.
- Take advantage of of the many restaurants, coffee houses, and pubs along our course.
Spectator Viewing is available anywhere along the course. Some favourite locations are:
- Start / Finish line: 12th and Bannock, and all along that block
- Corner of 11th and Bannock Street: a sharp corner heading into the downhill stretch.
- Corner of 10th and Bannock: a sharp corner
- 11th and Delaware: riders take a sharp right turn, after coming down a fast stretch.
- 12th and Delaware: riders take a sharp right turn toward the a long straightaway and the finish line