The race course is held on City streets in Golden Triangle neighborhood. Streets are closed to traffic, and no parking is permitted on the course during the race. Start / Finish line is on Bannock Street between 10th and 11th Avenues: roughly at 1089 Bannock Street in the Rocky Mountain PBS parking Lot.
The figure-8 course is generally flat, and approximately 1.5km in length. The race is run heading north on Bannock, turning left on 11th, then right on Cherokee to 12th Avenue. A quick run on 12th Avenue returns the race to Bannock Street (right) and ultimately to the figure-8 left turn on 11th Avenue again. The course turns right on Acoma for a long straightaway run down to 9th Avenue. Two quick right turns and it’s back to Bannock Street for a “dragstrip” run to the start/finish line. We are fortunate to still be enjoying these City streets with all the new development and construction!
- Medical will be located near registration.
- Helmets must be worn at ALL TIMES when you are riding your bike!
- Wheel pit will be located near the start finish line, at Bannock and 10th Avenue.
- USE THE RESTROOMS PROVIDED, behind the registration area. THERE ARE PLENTY
- Do not enter the course at ANY TIME during racing, check with official or race staff WHEN A RACE IS OVER to ride course
- Please discard of trash properly.
- Take advantage of of the many restaurants, coffee houses, and pubs along our course.
Spectator Viewing is available anywhere along the course. Some favourite locations are:
- Start / Finish line: 1089 Bannock Street and all along that block
- Corner of 11th and Bannock Street: a sharp corner for both directions.
- Corner of 9th and Bannock: a sharp corner and the last turn before the sprint for finish!
- 12th and Cherokee: riders take a sharp right turn.
- 11th and Cherokee: riders take a sharp right turn after coming down a fast stretch.